Here’s a few tips from 4LEGS Radio’s IT expert Rob Johnson for improving the performance of your PC/Laptop:
- Go through the loaded applications on the computer and remove unwanted items from starting when the computer is switched on e.g. Printer monitors, Onenote, Onedrive etc….
- Cleanup you disk drive with inbuilt utility (on a PC Disk Clean-up under Properties, on a Mac – Optimise Storage)
- Defrag your disk once or twice a year.
- Check your WiFi signal and plug a cable between computer and router if physically possible.
- If you believe it’s necessary to maximise the RAM (memory) in your machine or add a new SSD (Solid State) hard drive the recommendation is to seek professional help
You can also listen to Rob Johnson go through these in more detail plus information about Windows 7 end of support on the Yabber Yabber show via the following link: